Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 13, 2017

To my Son

Hey bud,

Ever since you were born, I have been wanting to pen down a letter to you. I procrastinate a lot, and may be you should try and change that for you. But it is ok even if you do not, like my father tells me “after all you are my blood”. I initially wanted you to read this when you are eighteen, but then the pace at which your generation would grow would be much more than mine. So please try and read this when you turn thirteen. I was lucky enough to make it back to India for your delivery, or else I would have missed out on witnessing one of the best blessings bestowed upon me. Your birth.

Birth and death cannot be decided by one self, and so you had no choice other than to be born to us. Just like I have been blessed with amazing parents, you have been blessed with a very beautiful mother, who have undergone all the possible pain and hormonal changes on her body, to have given birth to you. I have been a witness to this and it bought out tears in me seeing her in pain. You would realise this at a later stage when you become a father, but son, do not keep waiting till then to keep your mother happy. She is your best teacher and friend and no school can give you what she would. So take all that she gives, without thinking twice about it, cause she would never want ray of darkness coming your way, you are a piece of her body after all.

Understanding people and what they expect from a person, have been an issue with me all my life. I have been unpredictable throughout my life. Now this sounds good in movies, when a hot tanned model with millions of followers express the attire of her desired man. But when it comes to real life, this may not be as good as they show it in reel life. Having said that, some surprises for sure win many hearts. So raise to the occasion when needed, be considerate about the best people in life. Ultimately they are the ones who are with you in life and in death. I have had my share of pie in this and this has hurt both your mother and mine. So bud, never hurt them.

You are now stepping into teen, the time of your life when most of your body and mind goes under transformation. The tiny little 3.05kg kid that I cut off from your mother’s umbilical chord around 11.50 am would have now grown into a handsome teen. You are yet to learn how to crawl when I write this. I really hope and pray I am with you when you read this letter, but even if am not, its ok lad, you are stronger than you think, having been brought up by the best woman in the world, your mother. So enjoy this time of your life to the fullest, make a lot of friends, have fun, explore places, learn a new thing every day. You keep learning till your last breath.

Its already five minutes past three in the morning, the week begins tomorrow and I have back-to-back meeting at work whole day. I still cant get sleep as your cuteness has overtaken all my thoughts. May you be blessed baby.

With Love.



No comments:

Post a Comment